20160224

Run Ranger Run 2016 Bastard build day 5

4th stanza of the Ranger creed repeat after me

Gallantly will I show the world that I an a specially selected and well trained soldier, My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Day 5 is in the bag, it was a long one but a lot got done. Knives got prepped for heat treat, and thankfully they came out completely straight. I had to build a new quench tank today and big shout out to my buddy Larry of Larry's Machine Works Inc for the material and awesome wielding.

I dropped off the box lid for the laser engraving to my friend Todd and its going to be really nice with the Run Ranger Run logo, like really nice.

So here are some shots of today's work in progress, thanks for tuning in.

Grinding the false edges and grind lines pre-heat treat.




The Bastards ready for Heat treat



A shot of the box it looks pretty good, just a few more details to go.

 
The super duper new quench tank we built today, made a big difference in oil quenching without burning my face off.


A shot of the big Bastard red hot going in the quench tank.


Post heat treat and ready for grinding.

 
 
Lets see what happens tomorrow

RLTW/
SAR


No comments:

Post a Comment