20160223

Run Ranger Run 2016 Bastard build day 4

Third stanza of the Ranger creed repeat after me

Never shall I fail my comrades I will keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of task whatever it may be, 100% and then some.

Okay after a long frustrating day of working with the three blades. I finally got them true and flat, it can kinda suck when the file is twisted and bent, so I applied some heat and consistent pressure. All are good to go, in the process though I burned my left thumb pad pretty bad but its okay and we drive on.

The box looks really nice its all done except the lid. I had the kids today but still manage to meet my goals for the day. Tomorrow will be heat treat and the begining of grinding the blades, it will be a full day of working steel.

Thanks for tuning in and support of this cool event check the links below and maybe you will win a one of kind handmade knife.

 https://gallantfew.org/

 http://www.runrangerrun.com/

RLTW!
SAR

Cooking steel


Finding the center line for grinding which will happen tomorrow.


Three Bastards ready for the next step


No comments:

Post a Comment