20100720

Just finished this 1095 S/E (survive/escape) utility knife.


Knife Specs:
1095 with hamon .120x 5" drop point w/false edge 10" OAL
Desert Ironwood handle
Hand Rubbed finish 600 grit on bevel, flats where bead-blasted and stonewashed.

Sheath specs:
Felt lined kydex drop leg rig
1" MIL-SPEC nylon webbing, "Stealth" buckles, fasteners for rigging
SAR "Firewalker" device.
Fire steel handle is desert ironwood
pace keeper is kangaroo leather on a rawhide lace
Classic pocket compass by "Marbles" cutlery
Firewalker held in place by a SAR "O'rigging (rubber O rings)

Total weight for entire set-up is 10.1 oz's

I have 3 more to finish before Vegas and the outlook is pretty good. Yes leather would be better..but I don't do leather yet and I do not like to send out my blades for other folks to work on. The felt is silicone impregnated and is very durable. I have a knife that I have been using for 3 years in a felt lined sheath 0 issues.

Thanks for looking
Spencer




















No comments:

Post a Comment